RockAuto.com Dissapointed Customer

lundi 2 février 2015

Sorry about the rant, but I’m just so frustrated with this company that I needed to vent. Ever since I first saw an add for RockAuto.com in JP Magazine 10 years ago I have been a big fan. They have always had good selection and decent prices. That all ended Saturday when I was screwed over big time by them, and left without a working vehicle for an extra week because of their mistake..

I placed an order for two new struts for my in-laws van. On Saturday I went to install the new struts and came to find that THEY shipped me two left struts. The coil spring on the van is broken so the van is not drivable, and it’s my in-laws only vehicle. So I called customer service and proposed a very reasonable solution. Since it was THEY made a mistake and shipped me the wrong part, I asked them to simply refund me the money for the part and cover the difference of what it would cost me to source one locally. That way I could get the van back on the road that same day (Saturday). When it became apparent that they would not be willing to do that, and that I was going to have cover any additional incurred costs due to their mistake, I thought fine, overnight me the correct part (on Monday, since it was Saturday) and at least I can get the van back on the road Tuesday. They were not even willing to consider that. That's when I got really mad. I simply can't believe they would not be willing to pay to expedite the shipping on a part to replace the wrong part the THEY shipped to me. They said the best they were willing to do is ship it to me standard 4-5 day shipping. What's worse is one of their employees stated that their policy is not to expedite shipping, but that sometimes they do make exceptions to that policy but would not make them for me since I probably wouldn't be a returning customer. OUTCH, talk about kicking someone when they are down. It shouldn't matter if I will still be a customer or not, you should DO THE RIGHT THING no matter what.

This has simply been the worst customer service experience I have ever had. A company has never treated me so poorly. Yes, they have good prices, but I don’t think I can support a company that treats their customers like that. I know many others have had good experiences with RockAuto.com (I did to for the first ten years), but has anyone else had a negative experience with these guys?



Is it unreasonable to at least ask a company to ship me the correct parts using expedited shipping?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor