Spark plug electrode broke off inside engine!! Advice needed!

mardi 10 février 2015

Went to change the plugs and coil on my 2000 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl 4.0 and found that the entire electrode nipple had broken at its base and is in my engine. Halfway through taking the engine apart (just before taking Exhaust/Intake manifold bolts out) I had a conversation with a mechanic of 25 years tell me to stop and just put it back together. He claims that 9/10 times the 1600 degree plus combustion chamber will just disintegrate the piece and harmlessly go out the pipes. Has anyone heard of this? It sounds too good to be true and I'm skeptical but at the same time I'm no expert mechanic and I'd rather not take my cylinder head off if I can help it.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor