New Mystery Sound

mercredi 19 mars 2014

See if you guys can help.



I just started getting this noise in my 3.5" lifted 96 ZJ with 4.0.

I have removed the PS pump about 4 times and this last time I did not put the snorkel on the air box. No other work has been done in the last month or more.



The sound is like a metallic rattle or a whistling. It starts around 30 mph but gets loudest around 55mph. The frequency does not change with speed. This makes me to think its not a bearing or U-joint. Going to neutral and revving does not change the sound. This causes me to rule out a belt, PS pump or such.

Pressing the brakes does not make the noise change. So probably not the brake pads



The noise is the easiest to hear at the beginning of the video. Sorry about the wind noise.













0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor