Sporadic Misfire,pulling my hair out!

mardi 20 mai 2014

Morning guys,im hoping you can help me as this is starting to drive me up the wall.I will put ALL the info so bare with me if you will.



I have a 1997 Jeep GC 4.0 ZJ 42RE,NP249.

I bought it off my dad last year for towing stuff and he never really looked after it mechanically so i have been starting at one end and working my way to the front.



Ive recently developed a sporadic misfire,it seems to do it when it likes,under load and occasionally at idle,a bit like it starts running on 5.

After lurking on here and getting inof these are the things i have done so far.



New Spark plugs

HT Leads

Coil

Dizzy Cap

Rotor Arm

Swapped out throttle body for another known working clean one.

Cleaned IAT,MAP,TPS Sensors

Checked Lambda/o2 sensor wiring for catching.



Bonked the ECU/PCM

Tie wrapped the plugs on the ECU/PCM



I was driving to work last weekend,Jeep was missing a little,pulled up,nipped to shop,came out to start up and it struck up and then died immediately,this happened a few times and then decided not to work at all.



The missus was in the car so i called breakdown and walked to work.Breakdown guy couldnt cure it but when the missus said there was no dash lights and the windows wouldnt go up,i told her to pull the 50amp fuse in the PDC under the bonnet/hood and sure enogh it fired up!



So when i got home i pulled all fuses under bonnet,cleaned them,applied Dielectric grease,swapped the ASD relay for the horn one,checked O2 Sensor wiring etc.

I also pulled all the plugs on the PCM applied dielectric grease and tie wrapped them.



After all this it drove perfectly,we were going away the following day and it pulled the caravan perfectly.



Its now started doing it again and im slowly running out of talent.Ive fitted LPG to it(LPGA Registered so done properly) but i can assure you it is not that,it does the same on LPG or Petrol.All wiring is good and i have isolated the system to prove it is nothing to do with that.



Im at a loss!I have a feeling you will tell me its the PCM,these are not easy to come by in the uk and im not sure if i will need to have it recoded to match my alarm/immo transponder?





Sorry for such a long 1st post but i help people out on other non JEEP forums and find its best to get all info down to save questions.



Thanks guys.



Gary:cheers2:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor