front brake backing plate question

mercredi 11 février 2015

Have a 53 Willys Aero Eagle. Went to change the left front wheel cylinder and one of the spring clips that hold the brake shoe in place popped off. It looks as if this clip was mounted by placing on the square pin, then swedged.



The square pin is still there, but looks like some of the metal was pulled off when the clip popped off.



My question is: Is this how these clips are mounted?



If so would welding the clip to the backing plate work? (I was going to try and weld it myself, but it might be hard being mounted to the spindle. I might just take the backing plate off, then weld) We have a mig welder at work, and I figure that one of the machinists can just tack this spring in a couple of places.



Also, what are the brake backing plate differences in the Aero backing plates and other early Jeeps? I think a 56-59 DJ3 Dispatcher might work, as it takes the same wheel cylinders.



Any help is greatly appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor