Shock replacement after breaking mount off

samedi 7 février 2015

The PO put a 8.8 and a 4 Super Lift on my TJ. Since it has an 8.8, the rear shock mounts might not be exaaactly where they should be. Well, I tore one off a couple weeks ago. Time to break the welder back out.



Just investigated. Without my springs when the bump stops hit I compress 1" further than the shock length. Oops. I suspect that busted his crappy *** welds.



The shock has no pressure anymore, just dampening so I assume it has to be replaced? It's a SkyJacker Nitro 8000. Can I just get another one or do I need to replace them in pairs? Should I take this as an opportunity to get different shocks?



I assume it's also time to go investigate how bump stock extending works (never had to worry about it before).




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor