Stock air locker pumps re-located

lundi 2 février 2015

I realize that there are several write ups for re-locating the stock Rubicon air locker pumps and they are what guided me relocating mine. So a big thank you to all those who made this easy work.



To begin, I purchased my jeep late last year and have enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. I read as much as time allows and have come to the conclusion that the more I learn about my jeep the more I don’t know which causes me to read research even more. My short list of things to do has grown faster than my budget, so I decided to do a few things with materials I already have while I plan the bigger more expensive ones.



To begin I removed the air pumps and the bracket which had already been moved to a new location due to the lift, most of this work done before me was okay, but a little on the sloppy side.







Although I had no issue with the hose stems on the pumps, great care must be taken removing the hoses, nudging them loose with a flat tip screwdriver to unseat them worked well, then gently pulling them off will save you replacing the pumps or fixing the stems as a more veteran members write up explains. I removed the pumps from the bracket and saved all the hardware as I reused most of it. I carefully cleaned primed and re-painted the pumps and hardware.







I removed the old breather hose and reused the breather cap. You can access it by removing the gas cap.







I decided to build a new bracket from scratch using some scrap stainless I had in my workshop. I traced the bolt hole pattern from the original bracket and decided to mount it to the firewall by removing the plastic cover to the right of the brake booster. After removing the studs from the plastic cover by heating up the studs and then pulling them out as the plastic heated up. Originally I planned to use the empty tray but this was only slight higher than the original spot the pumps were mounted and it leave the tray open for something else.



















I cut the connectors off and spliced in new wire using western union splices, soldered the splices and sealed it all with shrink wrap.







Stuffed everything into some wire wrap and routed it all up to the pumps. Finished shots.















View with hood down.







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor