1984 cj7 - 30 yrs later

mardi 3 mars 2015

I am re-motivating myself to get my jeep back up and running better than ever, on its 30th birthday. Its been sitting way to long and getting less and less reliable. The past several summers I get it running for a few days, then it ends up sitting the rest of the year.



With 186000+ miles on it, it needs major and minor items replaced or repaired.



The good news is I believe I can leave the tub alone since the only rust I see is at the bottom of the tire carrier.



Most if not all the issues are under the tub. How easy is it to remove the whole tub or should I just remove the parts around the engine bay.



I want to continue to keep it mostly stocked.

Things that need worked on that I am aware of:

1) Gas tank(large tank), gas lines, sending unit, clean out.

2) Need to check T-5/300/ axles I have something loose I believe

3) Keeping the emissions for now

4) Fix all oil leaks and power steering leaks

5) Replace ANY and ALL hoses

6) Rebuild Carter Carb ( yes I am keeping it for now) where do I buy a kit?

7) There is no lift but my tire size is P235/75r15, not sure what was the original size tire. Does this size equals 31s, 32s or less. I will need tires.

8) Need new leaf springs and shocks, etc. (napa okay?)

9) I have all the parts for the team-rush upgrade in my garage but before I do that I need to fix everything and getting it running right first.



10) Whole new exhaust system (welded)

11) Brake system is new, but will have the brake lines checked.

12) What else should I be looking for? just thinking of the major parts on the jeep

13) Compression test

14) I believe my engine is a good one, it just needs some TLC.

15) suggestions welcome.... do we have a page for best practices now that it is 2015




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor