4.0 really hard start in the morning and threw a code

mardi 3 mars 2015

Moms 4.0 for a few months now has been hard to start I noticed.. It cranks fine, battery is new, alternator is the 136A v8 alternator.. However what it does is you crank it and itll start but sputter horribly.. shake the car, be really low RPMS like 100-200, and itll die.. Then when you crank it again it usually starts but still hesitant.. I tend to have to give it a little gas when its sputtering and then once its on its fine..



If I shut it off and back on its fine, if its warm and turned off for an hour or two itll turn back on just fine.. But when it sits overnight itll do it again the next day.



The Code was PO123 I believe.. It said Position sensor/switch circuit to high according to my scan tool.. Soo I did some research.. it could be bad wiring if that's the case im screwed because im a complete ******* when it comes to electrical.. Or it could be the PCM in which case that sucks.. or it could be the TPS.. does this sound more like TPS issue ? Should I spend the $120 the dealership wants for it ?



Also are the 4.0-5.2-.59 TPS all the same ? If so I have a spare 5.9 TPS which I could toss in there if they are interchangable




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor