another p0740 torque converter clutch circuit problem

jeudi 12 mars 2015

So a little background that i think will be helpful. my 2002 4.0 has been kind of sputtering slightly right around 15mph under light acceleration for about a week. like right before it shifts into second gear. I figured it just needs a tune up soon so i didn't think anything of it. but today when i was driving to work, (i was actually thinking about how nice it was driving) i noticed the check engine light on as soon as i got off the highway. it was p0740. torque converter clutch circuit. I read up on some of the forms on here and the other peoples problems seemed to be them not being able to shift properly at all and some other problems. I just kind of have a slight jolt right between 1st and 2nd gear. other than that it runs fine. I checked my transmission fluid a couple of weeks ago and it looked ok. so what are the steps i should take before just dropping it off at a shop? I don't understand transmissions well at all so i want to do all i can before i let someone else work on it. I mean i can change the fluid and do stuff like that myself but i don't have the ability to drop the transmission to work on it.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor