D35 Rear driveshaft/yolk help

dimanche 1 mars 2015

So, a u joint snapped on me in the far back, damaging the yoke and shaft. I'm going to need new ones. The big question is, can I get a used shaft? I always hear about the yolk having to be aligned, marked and balanced with the shaft, and the shaft balanced with the part in the transmission? Can I just replace the yolk and the shaft? 99 TJ by the way. I know most people mark the shaft to the yolk to align them back, but I can't exactly do that if I'm getting a new yolk and shaft?



Also, any recommendations for new replacements if I can't just put a new yolk + used shaft? I don't want to have a vibrating driveshaft. Also, what's the easiest way to change the yolk, I've read that people use a in/lb torque wrench and put the new yolk on at 5lb more. Would my rear axle have to be suspended or just on the ground for the yolk replacement?



Any help would be appreciated, I was hoping to go on my first wheeling trip this spring break.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor