Diff gears questions

lundi 2 mars 2015

I'm thinking of regearing my 99 XJ to 3.73 gears. D30 HP and C8.25



I have always thought the OEM ring and pinion gears were the best because they're quiet and as far as I know are strong.



However, I was at Precision Gear website where they are talking about their ring and pinion gears being made of "8620 (chromoly) forgings made using Gleason gear cutting technology..."



I know chromoly is great stuff, and I also know there are various grades of chromoly, but I don't know anything about one grade from another.



Also, I don't know what OME dana/spicer gears are made of, and I don't know what OME Chrysler/Mopar gears are made of. So I really can't compare them to the Precision Gears.



I'm looking for strong and quiet running gears that will last. Please advise.
Thank you




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor