Engine cut out and wont start

mercredi 4 mars 2015

Hello guys, I posted this on the Aus Jeep Off Road forum as well just to cast a wide net. I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I was driving home the other day and my 2002 CRD KJ 2.5 just stopped working. Still had electrical power but no engine. I pulled up waited a while and still not start. Will turn over but not catch.



Had it towed. I did the key juggle and the following codes came up in this order:

• P0836

• P1130

• P0340

• P1511



I know my battery is on the way out and needs replacing but the P0340 tells me that there was a camshaft position sensor issue. I managed to get a second hand camshaft sensor but upon replacing the part, the car will still not start. Now a couple of questions:



• Do you need to clear the error codes for the car to operate again?

• If so, how do you clear them?

• If it is not the sensor what else could it be? the crankshaft sender?

• Could the dodgy battery be the culprit? I wouldn't have thought so but electrics stump me. I have to put it on charge after I turn the engine over 4 or 5 times.

• Or am I looking in completely the wrong place? Fuel lines are free of air (tried bleeding the fuel filter and that is all good).



Any help would be truly appreciated.



Thanks in advance.



Kind regards Dave::




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor