Homemade Body Lift with Aluminum

vendredi 13 mars 2015

I'm looking at 1 - 1.25" body lifts, and being a do it yourself-er, I'm inclined to make my own. I'm not talking hockey pucks, but probably Al blocks. Plus I have free hardware at work, and can get materials easily. ~$100 for some plastic pucks and bolts seems a little crazy to me...



Anyway, I've searched through numerous forums, but didn't see this specific question, and wanted some feedback. In the kits for body lifts I've seen, the spacer puck goes on top of the rubber factory spacer, between the factory spacer and the body. A lot of the body lift pucks I see, have some shape to them to fit around the factory spacer / into the body. I'm wondering if this can be simplified, and I can just use a flat / rectangular spacer. My thought is to put it between the frame and the factory spacer, instead of between the spacer and the body. It looks like the frame is just flat steel where the mounts hit, so flat steel vs. flat aluminum isn't really a change. Am I missing something obvious? Why isn't this done in kits? Thanks.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor