Speed related hum in rear axle

lundi 9 mars 2015

HI all



Dana 44 rear axle on JK



I have a 100 % speed related hum from the rear axle after re-gearing.



I did the install myself, pattern was good, b/l was .007 preload on pinion bearing was 35in/lb and tttr with carrier 42/43in/lb



I pulled the cover again to take a look and gear pattern looks good both sides ( drive / coast )



Wheel bearings and shafts are new.



Drive / coast no effect



the noise sounds too low to be pinion, the noise is in the 300-600 Hz range at 60mph.



My question is what would give a constant non load related sound ?



I would appreciate any constructive input. ( please don't tell me It's wrong because i did it myself, that really doesn't help )



Cheers !!:cheers2:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor