fixed window track!

dimanche 8 mars 2015

The spring sun finally blessed us today, 43 degrees feels great!

Now on with picking up pieces that didn't survive the month long below zero deep freeze.

One being my drivers window that broke loose from it's track, I should have known better than try and force it.

I pulled the door panel and slowly coaxed the window down using the button as the door panel hangs by the wire harness, when the track comes into view about 1/2 way down is when I see what looks like an easy fix, the window sits in a U channel about 4" long, one towards the rear and one in the front, all I could find around the garage for adhesive was a tube of silicone. I used the nozzle and sqeezed a large bead the entire length of the u-channel, then again used the power switch to bring the channel up into the window as I guided it into position and up all the way and into the door frame, now I'll let it sit there overnight and see if she holds, fingers crossed.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor