ABS is back!

mardi 25 août 2015

I think I got lucky! The ABS light has been on since I bought my '97 ZJ last November. I read some of the threads here and figured it was bad solder joints in the "brain" for the ABS. I never bothered with it, figuring it was going to be too expensive or cumbersome to fix.

Last Saturday, I took the ZJ to a shop to have a 2.25" budget boost installed. I found a great deal on some Toyo 31x10.5x15 tires on Craigslist, and they were already on 5x4.5 bolt pattern wheels from another Jeep. So I took the wheels and tires to the shop and asked them to swap them out for my stock ones when the boost was installed.

Pic, so you know it happened :)

Before:



After



Upon driving home from the shop, I noticed the ABS light wasn't on. I thought...."hmmm...wonder if there was just a sensor loose or a connection that they found when they took the wheels off, and they put it back?"

I found a quiet road, got up to about 40MPH and then stood on the brakes and low and behold, the wheels didn't lock and I stopped quickly and securely! I have ABS again!! WooHoo!


ABS is back!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor