Clutch Install

mardi 25 août 2015

Howdy Y'all,

I'm replacing clutch on 85 CJ. While removing the bell housing I had a chunk of metal fall out of bell housing(see pics). I looked at existing clutch and did not find where this piece came from. The only thing I can think of is this piece came from prior clutch replacement......Scary! What do you guys think? The clutch didn't look to bad, but the throw out bearing was shot. I also have a lot of play on my input shaft. How much is too much? I also have a pilot bearing. I'll be replacing the bearing with a bushing. I tried removing bearing with a blind puller, but puller was to large for inside diameter. I guess I'll be using the grease or bread technique next. luckily the input shaft was not scored by the bearing. The original reason for the clutch replacement was I assumed that the pilot bushing was shot. When I accelerated in first or second it had a metallic sound as if somebody was hitting a chain against a metal pole. I also had issues with chattering when pulling away from a stop. Hopefully my tranny is not shot. The PO had the tranny rebuilt and new clutch in 01'.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 097.jpg (74.0 KB)
File Type: jpg 098.jpg (73.6 KB)


Clutch Install

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor