Intermittent failure - any ideas?

samedi 1 août 2015

1994 ZJ 4.0

Every once in a while, once a month maybe, I have a problem. I will be out driving and thinking about how well the old Jeep runs and how much I enjoy driving it. I will stop someplace and when I come back out everything has changed. I crank the Jeep, it starts, and immediately feels like it is running on only one or two cylinders. It barely has enough power to even move. Turn if off and try it again and it does the same thing. I have been able to let it sit for about five minutes or so, possibly trying to start it again, and the problem goes away. It is right back to running just great.

When this problem occurs there is what seems to be plenty of pressure at the fuel rail. I am thinking it is more likely electrical related than fuel, but what do I know? I do know that the ignition coil is new, important relays have been swapped or replaced, and the Jeep starts and runs great 99% of the time. That other 1% makes me think I will have to call a tow truck and one day my luck is going to run out.

Anyone have an experience like this or suggestions on where to look for this demon?


Intermittent failure - any ideas?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor