MSD Runon,dies hot repair best practice install

mercredi 19 août 2015

Just got my MSD 6A back from MSD. I had what seemed to be an over heating problem. They Changed out an SCR and it supposedly works now. If it does I'm still in to it for less than 75$.:thumbsup: I mention this because I saw a lot of posts about this problem but not what the fix was. I Originally Emailed for an RMA but never got a reply. When I called they seemed to know my issue right away. No " try this " Just ok you'll have to send it in after I described the symptoms. I opened it up thinking blown caps or some other heat sensitive part but I didn't have the tools to recreate the problem on the bench so 45$ was a bargain to get it fixed.
It took me awhile to send it back and in that time I've up graded my alternator to a CS-144. When I did that I took the diode out of the feed back wire. The brown wire doesn't solder well and I question the wisdom of the voltage drop it creates in a feed back circuit. I never saw excessive voltage at the battery but it didn't seem like the best way to fix the issue. I don't like/trust crimps on solid wire.
IIRC Que89YJ had mentioned feeding the red "on" wire for the MSD box from the start relay which made a lot more sense to me because it provides a positive switched lead. I've searched and I can't find where this was mentioned. The question would be which terminal to use? The "on" signal for the relay or one of the relay outputs?


MSD Runon,dies hot repair best practice install

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor