2004 WJ electrical/fuel issue

jeudi 22 janvier 2015

Good Morning. I'd be driving along, minding my own business, normal op temp, when all of a sudden, I'd lose power. Felt like flooded/too much gas i.e. sluggish, unable to correct. The check engine light would flash, and the loss of power would force me to pull over quickly. However, I could restart the engine with no problem, and the sluggishness would disappear. But 20 miles down the road, out of the blue, I'd have the same shutdown problem. I noticed that after restarting the engine, and driving away, I could not accelerate quickly, or it would bog down and force me to stop again. But if I slowly got up to highway speed, the engine would run fine, for 20 or so miles, and then the whole shutdown cycle would startover again with no warning. I did a diagnostic on it, and got PO300, PO301, PO302, ect. error codes. All pointed to a misfire in the cylinders, and advised checking spark plugs for fouling, SP wires (Mine has a coil pack). Also mentioned a faulty o2 sensor, and TB position sensor. The spark plugs have only 10,000 miles on them, and I gapped them myself at .035. They checked out fine. I installed a new TB Position sensor, and the left and right upstream o2 sensors. While down there, I noticed that the wiring from the coolant temp sensor and the air intake sensor was fused together or not insulated. I cleaned them up and and insulated them temporarily, until I replace all the wiring tomorrow. The thing ran great for 50 miles, then bam! Same problem again. Also, the vacuum hoses all appear to be fine although I didn't give them a formal inspection. I just made sure they were all on, with no visable damage. I've got 170k mi on it, so I don't mind changing out a lot of this hardware, as I kind of view it as somewhat of a preventive maintenance task, but I'm starting to feel like this is all just a hunt for bad wires. Should I check the fuel pump and filter also? New fuel injectors/rack/wiring? Your advise on this matter is appreciated.



Paul




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor