81 CJ5 258 I6 CA Smog Nightmare! - HELP

samedi 15 août 2015

I just purchased a 81 CJ5 with the I6 258...car runs beautifully but I am unable to register it because it visually doesn't pass smog. I'm in a battle right now with the seller to figure out what we are going to do but I really just want to get this over with so here are the facts:

The motor was swapped from the 4 cyl. to the 258 without a referees approval...all the smog equipment is gone, the only thing that is left is the egr valve (no hoses), the ECU for the 6 and the ECU for the 4 and it looks like they replaced the stock electric controlled carb with a regular 2bbl. I'm missing the pcv, the canisters, smog pump, cat and so much more.

I want a jeep I can play around town as well as in the dirt...so what can I do? Ive been looking through the forums and I'm really leaning towards the Howell injection kit for $1400...will that eliminate everything for smog or will I have to keep some of the older equipment? Also does anyone have experience with it? Is it good, responsive and what not? If I need other things, can anyone give me a parts list?

Thanks!


81 CJ5 258 I6 CA Smog Nightmare! - HELP

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor