92 YJ "Ruby" build

dimanche 16 août 2015

Background on me :
So let's start this off with some background on me. As of starting this thread I'm an 18 year old living in Southern California. I have always had an interest in cars and always had to fund that desire myself. I bought my first car when I was 12 which I had saved for 6 years to get. It was a project 1968 Mustang. Due to it being a project car, when I got my license I was driving my dads 1992 wrangler around. It had a 2 inch lift and some 33s with a 4 banger and stock gears. I ended up selling that to get a 79 bronco on 44s which turned out to be a bad buy. I got rid of it shortly after and DD the Mustang. I missed having a jeep after a few months and decided to sell the mustang.

I found someone selling another 92 yj with quite a bit of custom work done to it. Ended up buying this beauty -


She has an XJ 6 inch lift kit fitted to it with long arms up front, sitting on dana 44s. I soon blew up the diff due to the POs ****ty job of welding it and put in a Dana 60. The front pinion shaft broke not too long after and I didn't have the money to fix it.

Start of the build:
I decided I wasn't happy with how it was. I decided I was going to build a 4-link for the rear and a 3-link for the front and put in some coilovers.

I first decided since all the mounts must be redone, I may as well cut out the front of the frame and move it up for a little more clearance.

Front end removed -


Frame out :
Please excuse my friends who decided to get in my picture


First step down, now the next is to figure out what to build the frame out of.
Here is the frame all mocked up and tacked in place -


All finished welded in place-


The jack is sitting around where the original frame sat... Gained a few inches of clearance. -


Getting some caps welded on the front frame piece and finishing some welds up on the frame joint. I may finish boxing the new frame into the old one today.... Depends how I am feeling. -



I will update the thread as I get stuff done.... I'm not in a rush nor is updating this thread my priority, but it will get done.


92 YJ "Ruby" build

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor