Fried my winch?

dimanche 16 août 2015

So I grabbed a working Atlas winch with receiver cradle and cables for $150 on Craigslist. I figured the infrastructure meant I was only into the winch about $50.

I took the cables off to install quick connect cables to the battery. Then I got distracted and when I went to reattach them to the solenoid box two weeks later I did it wrong.

I connected the cables, went inside and grabbed my keys. Walked out to the car and it was dead. Jumped out and disconnected the cables, which were hot to the touch. This was less than two minutes lapsed time. There was smoke coming out of the winch motor. Obviously I short circuited it.

I reassembled the solenoid with a photo of a similar one from the web (an older tuff stuff winch). Tried it again and nothing works. Doesn't overheat or short out, but doesn't work either.

Did I frag my winch or is it still just not assembled right? What are the odds it will still work after what I described? Anybody got a picture of a working atlas 9500 lb winch solenoid?

Thanks,

Pastry


Fried my winch?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor