Engine stalls, starts again after a few minutes

samedi 22 août 2015

93 Cherokee 4.0
The weld on the muffler outlet where it connects to the tailpipe broke so I was on my way home with a new muffler. The Jeep died on me about a mile from home. It died quick, no signs of rough idle or anything. It would turn over but not start like it was out of gas (it wasn't). Neighbor pulled me home and we left it half way up the driveway(long driveway and the only way he could get back out). I came out later and it started right up, got it up the rest of the driveway then it died again.

Rubber 90 degree elbow on the fuel pressure regulator was badly cracked and gas around it. Changed the fuel pressure regulator, had to use a section of fuel line from an old chainsaw 'cause I couldn't find an elbow replacement, but the connection is very tight and doesn't seem to be a problem. It started fine, idled for a couple minutes then died again. wouldn't start right away, but if I leave it sit for a while it will start then die shortly after.

Checked pressure on the fuel rail and looks fine. I can hear the fuel pump working. There is a slow leak in the gas tank and I only fill it half way. not sure of that has anything to do with the problem, but I'm pretty confused as to where to look next. Help is appreciated. Thanks


Engine stalls, starts again after a few minutes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor