Fixed air leak behind centre console

dimanche 23 août 2015

In the winter, I noticed that this little storage pocket at the bottom of the centre console was really hot. I presumed this was from the heat being on and just a design flaw. In the summer, the AC would make the area cold too.

With this in mind, I want to point out something I noticed when I was installing my head unit. The pipe that carries air to the vents, runs right under that area. The vent was either disconnected or simply not sealed properly. I took some foil tape and taped up the area and no more air escapes from there. Foil tape has better thermal durability than duct tape.

I'm not too worried about a cold phone, but I believe my phone won't be overheating in the winter anymore since the leak has been fixed. This will, of course, improve the efficiency of the conditioned air delivery to the vents as well.

You guys may want to open up the dash and take a look inside to see if this is an issue for you as well.

Enjoy!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08wkgrchlabe.jpg (114.9 KB)


Fixed air leak behind centre console

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor