High beam light switch killing all my lights

samedi 15 août 2015

I've had an issue with my headlights that seems to be getting worse. I'm sure it's a ground issue, but I don't know what I need to ground, the headlight switch, dimmer, or something else.

Last night while driving, I hit my new floor mounted dimmer and it killed all my headlights. This has happened in the past, but I was able to hit the switch again and the lights would come back on. Last night it took half a dozen tries and the lights still wouldn't come on. I was on a busy two lane highway, so after I couldn't get them to come on I turned on my hazards and they worked, but as soon as I hit my brakes to get onto the shoulder, the hazards stopped working, and both the L and R turn signal lights lit up on the dash and stayed on constant. When I let off the brakes, the hazards would blink again. I pulled over and another couple taps on the dimmer and the lights came back on and I could switch back and forth between high and low beams from then on with no issues.

I have good grounds going to my dash, and don't have any other headlight or turn signal issues, but I'm guessing this is a ground problem or my new headlight dimmer could be bad already? Where is that dimmer ground at, and is there anything else I should look for to fix both the dimmer and hazard light issue?


High beam light switch killing all my lights

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor