oscilloscope recommendations?

mardi 25 août 2015

Was going to post this somewhere more general, but couldn't really find a more general spot on the JF... oh well.

For the sake of not posting links to things that tend to disappear over time... I've been looking into getting a relatively inexpensive oscilloscope. It keeps coming up as a handy tool for reading lots of mostly curiosity data (spark pulse widths, crank position sensor pulses, injectors, etc etc.). I'm fairly handy with a multimeter, and can read resistor values (off a chart :D) but haven't had access to an oscilloscope since my dad had his ~70's vacuum tube scope (might still be floating around somewhere...).

I've been eyeballing this portable one made by SainSmart on amazon (just do a search on amazon for 'sainsmart oscilloscope' - there's a few different models (as of this post)), but I guess what I'm curious about (or even one that I'd just hook up to my tablet), is what am I not getting that I'd get with some fancy schmancy $2k job? For my purposes - at least right now - I'm interested in reading things that have a frequency of some sort, and a relatively wide but potentially shallow amplitude, like something that pulses at a couple volts and something that pulses at a couple hundred (or even thousand) volts etc. (i.e. it should be range adjustable).

The ones I've seen from sainsmart seem to range from about $75-200 ish. I'm not an EE, but I've been spending a lot of time messing with micro-controllers and my curiosity has been growing. Keep in mind too that I'm ok with growing into something bigger and better later on if money and curiosity allows for it etc.


oscilloscope recommendations?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor