Sensor Dirt or normal?

mardi 25 août 2015

Good morning,

When I was changing my spark plugs a few weeks ago, I took the air cleaner off for easier access. There's a sensor inside the intake tube just before the air cleaner and I was wondering if what I saw was dirt or part of the sensor.

The sensor location is circled below. Is this my IAT or MAP? I don't have a picture of the sensor, but when I had the tube off, it appeared that the sensor had some caked on liquid graphite. Almost like a sparkly liquid or dielectric grease. But I didn't want to touch it because I didn't have a spare laying around. I run with a K&N filter and am very aware of not spraying too much oil on during a recharge. But I'm wondering if the first time I used that filter, that some of the factory oil got sucked in and has caked up that sensor.

I'm not really having any issues(knock on wood), but I just wanted to make sure whether it was normal or not. It's a 2009 Jeep GC V6.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeep Engine.jpg (243.7 KB)


Sensor Dirt or normal?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor