want the Cooper ATW; break down and get 235/70r17?

mercredi 19 août 2015

I've got a WK ('06 Limited, with 4.7l V8 and QDII), and want to get a new set of AT tires with good winter performance this fall. I only drive about 8k/yr on the Jeep, and don't want to swap for a summer set of tires. Offroad use is pretty minimal -- care more about general handling and comfort and winter traction. I drive in a lot of snow.

All of that makes the new Cooper ATW a good fit, since it's dialed in for precisely my mix of needs. I'd prefer a 245/70r17 (no lift), but they're only available in an LT in that size, and I'd prefer a passenger rated tire.

So... do I get the ATW in 235/70r17, or move to a different tire (Hankook ATM, or...)? The next size available in the ATW is 255/70r17, but I really don't want to deal with anything beyond grinding the bolt.

235/70 is skinny and tall, but given my uses, are those really drawbacks? It seems like it would be a winter monster in that size.


want the Cooper ATW; break down and get 235/70r17?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor