1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo makes fast clicking noises

mercredi 20 août 2014

(Jeez, must they make it so hard to locate the 'Post new Thread' button? It should be a big button on the home page.)



Okay, I purchased a used 1998 Red Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in October of 2013. Loved it! I found out that it started having start up issues around early 2014 when it was still winter time. I will admittedly state that there were days I wouldn't start my car up and just let it sit in the driveway (my dad and brother tell me it's not good for it to sit up, esp. during the winter.) put in the key, and it wouldn't start. we ended up jumping it and within less than a minute it started up. I noticed it would not start up some times even when I didn't leave it idle. Just today I stuck the key in and turned it (the fob never really worked) and the lights on the inside lit up, which i've noticed that that means it'll start up. I stick my key into the ignition and try and the lights (faint as my eyes deceived me) turn off and I hear a very fast clicking noise and the faint lights seem to be synchronized with the sound. It's just clicking away and the car will not start up. :/



This is my first car and I am honestly discouraged. We've purchased a new battery from the Wal-Mart automotive department earlier this year and the car roared to life when we did. We even got new battery connector thingies because one looked crusty and old. I thought that my car would work and no longer need to be jumped just to start. It's getting really annoying as I find myself needing to get my license and wanting to make it in my jeep. I also would like to take myself to and from school, but i'm afraid i'll need to have it jumped all of the time just to go places, and that's not cool.)



THREAD QUESTION BEGINS HERE



Obviously i'm not the only one with my Jeep making fast clicking noises and not starting up as I used Google and I saw dozens of threads with a similar title to mine. I doubt it's the battery (it tested good. then again I could be wrong since I know nothing about cars) PLEASE HELP ME!!



P.S.: Sorry for the novel and sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor