can i use a power trax dana 30 no slip locker with a 242 transfer case?

lundi 25 août 2014

hello everyone. I own a 96 jeep grand Cherokee with the standard 4.0l. I have d30 in front and d35 in rear with the 242 transfer case. I have a 2in bb lift with 31's. I like to use the it on fire roads and trails and camping and exploring some rough back roads and such but, no rock crawling or anything super extreme. I live in AZ so, no driving in snow or ice.since I have the d35 I have been told its a waste to spend money on it and just leave as a open carrier until I can upgrade to a better axle. so, that leaves the front to add something.I like the way the jeep is now and and runs good and have not had any problems with it but, I would like to improve the traction. I went down a big rabbit hole re searching lockers/ lsd/ lunchbox lockers/locking the rear vs front etc..i don't have the money for arbs and the type of 4wheeling I do I don't think its for me. the powertrax looks very appealing but, people say I cannot use it with a 242 transfer case cause it will harm the transfer case if I use it in full time 4 wheel drive mode but, they can never really explain why. very frustrating.my funds are limited. if it dies not harm the t-case I am kinda leaning towards the power trax no slip in the front. sorry for the long winded post but,i just wanted to know where I'm coming from. thank you for your answers




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor