smoking steeling column???

vendredi 22 août 2014

:confused:so driving home In my 95 xj I noticed slight wisps of smoke coming from my steering column. It did not smell or feel hot. The smoke did not last long and was very faint. It has been about a 100 degrees all day and my jeep can get very very hot. I do not know if this could be related but my horn has not worked properly since I got the jeep earlier this year. I figure the horn needs rewiring just haven't gotten to it. I was thinking maybe a wire was touching ground somewhere inside or maybe the motor got to hot. no clue. But I am slightly worried about the steering column spontaneously combusting O.O I did an online search and seem to be a fairly common thing with xjs but all the things I have read have had burning smells or lights shorting out or something similar. For me there is no smell and everything works minus the horn which has been a problem long before the smoking... is it ok to drive?? and how do I go about removing the casing around the column I have tried before and only succeeded in cracking the case. Any help would be really really nice especially because it is my only vehicle and I need it for class and work!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor