Engine repair or replace?

lundi 25 août 2014

I got a 99 limited with a 4.7. The engine spun a rod bearing and so I am looking at my options. The current engine was supposed to have been rebuilt recently and the cylinders show fairly fresh cross hatching.



Rebuilt engines seem to vary widely in price and there is nothing available locally so I would have to pay shipping and core etc. Frankly I am not real interested in dealing with the Core hassle so I will likely just pay the extra fee and skip the hassle.



other option is used engine, less hassle but most seem to be high miles and you can't be sure that you will get very far with a high mile engine.



or I can try to rebuild the damaged engine I have which will likely require at least one new rod and maybe a crankshaft plus I have to do all bearings etc because of the metal that has gone through the engine.



recommendations?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor