2000 Cherokee XJ 4.0 6-cyl 2WD, with front end knocks.

mardi 18 août 2015

2000 Cherokee XJ 4.0 6-cyl 2WD, with front end knocks.
Hello, people. Help, please...
With 160K miles, this vehicle tracks nicely... goes straight ahead.
However, I'm Sure that the front suspension has some problems.
You can hear many Knocks, not only when turning the steering,
but also when even gently applying the brakes. And the front right tire is Bald.

And... I'm just trying to sell this (my son's) vehicle.
A potential buyer works at a Volvo dealership; his mechanic look at it.
Mechanic said it needs a new "lateral link". I've never heard of what that is,
so my search says it might be either a "track bar" or a "panhard rod".
Would that be the cause of this Knocking and bad tire wear?

AFTER the mechanic's inspection, I looked under / at the front suspension for the first time... I was amazed...

I've never before seen the bottom part of a shock absorber just... plain ol' Gone.
Note that this shows the LEFT side shock, and the Right side tire is bad.
The Right side shock appears to still have all of it's parts.

So, that big arrow is the "track bar". Do I need to replace that?
But, why are there "wear" marks at those two bolts / smaller arrows?
Like, those bolts have been moving. I did not apply a socket to them,
to see if they are loose... didn't want to get greasy/dirty today. :rolleyes:

And, should that Gap (that shows a shiny area) be there?

What ideas / suggestions can you offer? Thanks, people.

Markojeep67



2000 Cherokee XJ 4.0 6-cyl 2WD, with front end knocks.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor