2000 XJ Heater Blower Smells After Replacement

mardi 25 août 2015

We were driving our 2000 XJ the other day and noticed a smell coming from the
heater/ac. Smelled like burning - maybe insulation/fiber - somethin electrical.

Anyway, we fiddled with the switches and the smell was repeatably associated with turning on the blower. I got it home, and tried again later, and the blower straight up did not work anymore.

This past weekend, I started diagnosing. Fuses, relays, resitor all seemd fine.
The resistor pack was cleaned ( i took the bee out) and seemed fine on a meter. I ran in the house, left the key on, came back to the vehicle, and magically the blower was running - I turned off the key, and that blower never started again. I looked at the motor, and one of the leads had arced at the connector at some point - it seemed burnt. Popping 12V across the blower motor did not do anything, so I replaced the motor.
Now it blows fine. But, when I turn on the heat/ac, I still get the same burning smell for a minute or two.


( As a note, and I'm sure unrelated, I just replaced the head about 200 miles ago)
( As a note, and maybe related, I did just flush the engine, disconnecting the rear radiator hose, and flushing water through the top radiator hose and top heater hose.)


Any ideas ? Thanks.


2000 XJ Heater Blower Smells After Replacement

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor