Front, rear, both... lockers?

samedi 15 août 2015

I know this has been beaten to death.. but I think this is a bit different of a question than the normal "Should I lock front or rear on my DD?".

Figuring this is only about auto lockers (Aussie, Detroit, Powertrax)...

I read that the front will give steering problems, but will give the best performance if the only axle locked. It pulls you up over the obstacle, etc...

I read the rear will 'push' you into the obstacle, not up over it. The rear bumper will try to race the front bumper to the scene of the spinout, the rear will dog-track on a side camber hill...

But... what if both front and rear are locked?? How would that affect it on wet, snow, mud, etc.? Would there be an advantage to them both over only the one?

I ask because I felt frisky and bought front and rear Aussies today. I figure once I get them, I'll put them in, but keep the spiders and parts needed to swap them out if they are not desirable this winter... I can swap in/out every Spring/Fall if needed, they seem easy enough.


Front, rear, both... lockers?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor