Drilled Out Frozen Windshield Screw, Now Hole Is Too Big. Suggestions?

samedi 15 août 2015

I replaced the torx head screws on the windshield hinges, and replaced them with stainless Phillips button caps 5/16-18 x 1s.

Of course was able to get all but one out. That one snapped, so I drilled it out. The 1/4 bit didn't work, so I had t go to 11/32. Didn't want to go bigger, but had no choice since the screw is the one n the windshield frame and I couldn't get behind it.

So, now the hole's too big. Don't want t use a different screw in that hole. And of course, can't find a 3/8-16 screw whose head looks the same.

What options do I have to get it so I can use a 5/16-18?

Thinking I'm SOL, but you guys are smart. I'm sure you've got some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

1985 CJ-7 Renegade, Sebring Red, 258 + 5-speed


Drilled Out Frozen Windshield Screw, Now Hole Is Too Big. Suggestions?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor