Teflon Tape Going To Hold Up On Transmission Cooler Fittings?

lundi 24 août 2015

I developed a crack in the plastic tank of the radiator so just replaced it with OEM radiator. Went in fairly easy but created another problem; transmission fluid seeping out of the top transmission cooler fitting in the radiator.

At first I thought it had to be from the top, flared connection, under the 22mm nut. After retightening (with 2 wrenches, 1 on the jam nut & 1 on the 22mm nut) I discovered the leak was coming from behind the 1" jam nut and washer inside the radiator, not from the flare connection.

I tried just tightening the fitting, but the leak continued. Then I removed the fitting, cleaned the threads off, coated with Harvey's TFE Paste w/Teflon & reinstalled, but still had the leak.

Finally, I wrapped the threads with Teflon Tape, tightened up and leak seems to be stopped. I was careful to make sure no tape was in the flow of the transmission fluid.

Will this connection hold up? Should I pull apart and use the white Permatex Sealant?

Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6317.jpg (105.9 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_6356.jpg (103.6 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_6363.jpg (136.2 KB)
File Type: jpg Harveys.jpg (34.8 KB)
File Type: jpg 7010664_ptx_59214_pri_larg.jpg (38.5 KB)


Teflon Tape Going To Hold Up On Transmission Cooler Fittings?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor