Chains for JK Sport S possible?

mardi 20 janvier 2015

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I live in California and need to find a way to get snow chains to work on my JK Sport S 2 door. It is stock with the P255 / 75R17 OWL On / Off Road Tires. California requires chains at check points; I only go up to the mountain 2-3 times per year so snow tires are not really an option for me. The manual states there is an issue with the chain clearance.. I have seen a few other posts but none with a clear solution/explanation to this. (some have noted the clearance issue is with the brake lines on the Rubicon?). Is this the same for the Sport S?



Manual states:

Tire chains may be installed on all models except the

Sahara and Rubicon. Install chains on rear tires only.

Follow these recommendations to guard against damage

and excessive tire and chain wear:

Use chains on P225/75R16 rear tires only. P255/75R17,

P255/70R18, and LT255/75R17 tires do not provide

adequate clearance."



I do not have the Sahara or Rubicon so am I ok?



Thanks in advance to those who respond! -Melinda




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor