AX15 5th gear / Thrush Washer clearance

jeudi 20 août 2015

I am in the process of rebuilding my AX15 and have a question for someone with much more knowledge than I. We have all the gears stacked and bearings pressed on. After we installed the 5th gear, slid the thrush washer on, pressed on the bearing we measured the clearance. The tolerances are fine between the 5th gear and thrush washer but I can slightly move the 5th gear up and down. Even with the slight movement it is within tolerance. Should there be this this very slight movement? I appreciate the help from anyone that has first hand knowledge.

I am new to the forum and a relatively new Jeeper and loving it. Been going through the process of saving a 1992 Wrangler since April, the previous owner, was not a Jeeper but used it like a truck and never cared for it. Been giving her a LOT of TLC and LOTS of late nights and $$$$$.

:)


AX15 5th gear / Thrush Washer clearance

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor