My 1987 YJ Build(Chevy 350 swapped)! Past, and Present

jeudi 20 août 2015

This thread will serve as a place for me to show you guys where I have come since I bought my first Jeep! I started at 15 when I used my own money with alittle help from my parents to purchase a 1995 Jeep Wrangler that was absolutely an eye sore, but an eyesore with potential! I ended up lifting it 4 inches on 33s after it was lifted the real fun started! All my parts seemed to keep breaking and as it was my daily driver I had to keep it running, so that is where I learned most of my mechanic skills from. After a while I yearned after a much more powerful vehicle so I decided to sell my Jeep :( on the plus side I made a nice profit from it which allowed me to purchase my next Jeep which came with a Chevy 350 and Custom Candy Paint. I was absolutely stoked to have it and I loved it! Until....the Dana 35 went kaput :thumbdown: AND RIGHT BEFORE MY SENIOR PROM!!!! I was already pretty knowledgeable from my first Jeep, and from looking around alittle on here! So I knew that the ford 8.8 would probably be my best bet for a replacement so I spent many nights and days looking for the perfect one that would not only match my ratio but also have the limited slip! I finally found one after some looking and had it delivered to my house! :thumbsup: ......ONLY TO FIND THAT IT DIDNT HAVE BRAKES! :thumbdown: you can imagine how happy I was..Well regardless of that I continued to strip the axle bare of the brackets and perches. I then was at the point where I was ready to purchase my U-Bolts and U-bolt plates from East Coast Gear (which by the way I absolutely loved). I proceeded to take my axle to my welding friend where we had the angles marked from the perches, welded then, and welded the tubes up too! :2thumbsup: She was basically ready to go in since I had gone ahead and pulled some brakes and was ready to finish the paint on the axle! Multiple hours later and she was in! I cannot put into writing how ecstatic I was to have my baby back and better than ever! Ever since then I havent had any problems from the rear end, but others have emerged...I'll save that for later though....NOW ONTO THE PICTURES!!


My 1987 YJ Build(Chevy 350 swapped)! Past, and Present

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor