TJ loses power backfires on dips

mardi 25 août 2015

I have a few issues with my rig (notorious random misfire issue and a bad headlight switch), but this is the one that worries me the most and that I'd like to get taken care of in my very limited financial situation.

I'm getting occasional "misses" in my throttle where I will give the car gas and will not get any power from the engine. Sometimes it will backfire, but other times if I let off the throttle it will return to normal again right after.

I've been able to recreate the issue most commonly when I leave my work driveway and enter the street. The driveway slopes down pretty dramatically and comes back up at a similar angle to the street.

As far as my Google-fu has taken me, I'm wondering if my issue is a bad fuel pump or filter. However, due to my (lack of) income, I can't afford to be dropping hundreds of dollars on parts chasing a problem. Hence me signing up for an account finally and ending my long-time lurking.

As I said before, there are other issues, but I think I've stated most the symptoms I've had that are related.

I've tried searching for my issue, but can't seem to come up with the correct search terms to find exactly what I'm dealing with, so forgive me if there's already an open thread on the subject.

Thanks for any help, guys. This place is an invaluable resource for Jeep owners!

My rig is a 99 TJ Wrangler Sahara, 6 cylinder 4.0 with automatic transmission.


TJ loses power backfires on dips

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor