2000 XJ P0740 code help

lundi 24 août 2015

2000 XJ, 4.0/AW4 with 156k miles.

Transmission fluid changed religiously, all sensors original on the Jeep except the IAC.

The past few days I've noticed two odd things with the Jeep. I was at a stop light, and when I started to accelerate, the Jeep hesitated for a split second then drove perfectly normal. This happened 2-3 times throughout the day, all when accelerating from a complete stop. This did not happen at all today. It almost seemed as though it wanted to stall but recovered itself, all within split seconds.

Over the past few days I've also noticed a strange feeling in the transmission. When driving on the highway, I can let off the gas to slow down, but the transmission feels like it is still engaged. The RPMs will fluctuate, then the Jeep will sort of lurch and slow down, like the torque converter was still locked in for a couple seconds. It will also clunk a little. I thought it might be the slip yoke, but that is nice and greased.

Today on my way home I slowed down getting off the highway, the the same feeling in the transmission occurred and it threw a P0740 code. Torque Converter lock-up malfunction. I looked in the FSM and it said TCC/PTU solenoid might be the cause.

Any ideas? Could it be the TPS as well? Not too familiar with the solenoids in the AW4 since I haven't really done much work on one. Fluid is full and bright pink.


2000 XJ P0740 code help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor