99 cherokee sport 4.0 Need help keeping cool

lundi 17 août 2015

Ok so I may just be paranoid; I have owned this jeep for around 3 weeks, fully expecting to put money into it and lots of love
Jeep ran great and cool (one dash under 210) but my coolant was rusty
Flushed radiator Blew radiator
No biggie, I got a new one, as well as new thermostat (180° I believe(recommended)), new coolant temp sensor, new serp belt, new rad cap, new water pump, new water pump helper hose thing, coolant lines are clean and a new overflow hose E fan works great, mechanical fan clutch seems fine - i was told to test by spinning it, so when I spin when it's hot and off it's stiff and will barley move, when it's cold it may spin 1/8th - 1/4 turn Please correct if that's not right

Obviously the fan clutch is basically the last part but I don't wanna replace if it's fine

The history of work/parts is a mystery so I assume the worst

No heat/ac in the jeep but blows air Assuming heater core needs a back flush

Last work I did was water pump and serp belt When I swapped rad and thermostat (week before water pump) I did coolant concentrate/distilled water
When I did water pump I was told 50/50 is "better"
I think that is everything Now short trips 10-15 min Temp stays just below 210
Ideling it climbs around 210 or a smidg above but cools when I start rolling
Long trips 30 min+ it rides around 210 but will go uncomfortably high (next dash past 210) climbing hills or ideling in traffic
It has a tendency to shoot from just above 210 to just under 260 Check gauges I wait It will do this when it's off and the key is on or while running And after a few minutes it will drop back to above 210
It doesn't sound like it's to hot or boiling

After I drive and it's off sitting and I
Check the temp it's over 210 which I guess I expect I'm gunna die watching this guage

When I did the water pump and went to burp coolant shot out of fill neck after maybe 5 min of idel Weird never had that
Head is good check that all out Fresh oil

So is this possibly more air in system?
Heater core?
Fan?
Type of coolant?
Normal???!?
I'm about to pay some one and that's not the way I like to do things

Thanks a lot for any input in advance


99 cherokee sport 4.0 Need help keeping cool

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor