Continuation to the Infamous Clevis Bolt

samedi 22 août 2015

Well Guys how is it going. Well I Wanted to go ahead and do my Lower Ball Joints. Seems like it was the right idea since I have done everyhting else. So Looked online found the new Problem Solvers and Bought them $35 each shipped.

So I went ahead To see how to attempt it, And Went Ahead and got All the parts Needed.

*** If any of you live in NY or a state which has ADV. Auto Parts. Their BJ press Will not work so well for our WK. THe sleeve u need to use is just 1/4" too small And doenst quite work right and you have to figure something out. ***


This is how it should Look after You taken everything off and ready to press the BJ out of place. Mind you the BJ is Pushed from the Bottom, Up. So it will come out the top of the LCA.






Soooo Now As I did the Passenger side, I Hit the Hub Off the Cx Axle Spindle with a 3lb Hammer Not hard, but enough to get it to move off. Now I DO NOT recommend This!!!!! What I do Recommend, Is that you Go get a 4WD Hub Puller, or goto Harbor Frieght and buy a 3 Jaw Puller. It will Do the same.

Now If you do what I did, And you Use the Hammer to beat the ****ty Hub off the Spindle and it is sooo siezed it doesnt budge, You will end up with this!! And it is not a cheap fix.








So Now that I did that, I needed to get the Stupid Clevis Bolt Out! I dont have a air Compressor, And the one I bought at HF, COuld not Support the CP EarthQuake they sell too. So that IDea Out the Window. I then said Hmmmmmm Grinder, Cutting wheel, Sounds good. SO went ahead got 4.5" Grinder and wheels. Went home and went at it. And this is what we Started with and then ended up with.









Continuation to the Infamous Clevis Bolt

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor