Default 1997 XJ Country, won't start without pushing gas.

lundi 24 août 2015

Hello,
I drive a 1997 XJ Country 4WD, Automatic. So my main issue is when I try to start the car, it turns over but if I don't hold the gas all the way down, the car won't start, push and hold gas, after about 3 seconds the car starts, also the idling is all wrong, once it starts I hit about 3k rpm, note I immediately let off the gas once it starts and it takes about 3-5 seconds for the car to get down to 1500 RPms, also once I put it into gear the RPms drop below 500 the jeep sputters sounds like it wants to die then goes back. Also sometimes if I'm going over 25mph and let off the gas the car stays at 25mph until the break is applied.
On a side note, all my dash lights, like the ones on the gauge cluster and the a/c control area are out, inside abo e lights work but no dash, also my engine temp gauge is not working, these last two issues are minor and less important than the starting.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks


Default 1997 XJ Country, won't start without pushing gas.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor