Does anybody else hate the 4 speed auto?

mercredi 21 mai 2014

I HATE the 4 speed in my 96. I have to turn the OD off basically every day as my commute home involves about 4 miles of driving up a 6% grade (it doesn't have the muscle to motor up in 4th gear, 3rd no problem). I feel like there's just not enough gears in that lame 4 speed for driving around on the road, every time I get on the gas it feels like it takes time for the power to build up on the highways (yes, kickdown lever has been adjusted properly, I've even played with adjusting it to change shift points) from the lack of gears.



So, as I'm researching and doing my homework for a future ZJ build, is there any 5 or 6 speed auto options out there that will fit to either the 5.2 or 5.9 V8s? I wouldn't mind doing an NV3500 swap but I'm wondering if someone has an automatic with better gearing out there? My main concern for going with a better auto is this wouldn't necessarily be my DD, it'd be something that I'd like to have as a toy but also as a backup vehicle for everybody else in my immediate family, especially since we have horses that need to be towed from time to time (my parents would be using it here).



Thanks gents :cheers2:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor