finally found water leak - best fix?

samedi 15 août 2015

my ds floor in my 03 wj was getting wet after heavy rains. finally took out the carpet and seen a large patch of rust high above the brake pedal area with rusty witness marks streaming down to the floor. after a lengthy hose session, I discovered that the water was actually "seeping" through a hairline crack in the heaviest (darker) area of the rust. I pressed my finger around, and if I had used a screwdriver I'm pretty certain I would've put a hole through the firewall. the major portion of this rusty area is on the outer side of the brake booster looking at it from outside, but it looks as if I wanted a guaranteed fix, i'd need to pull off the brake booster and fix the area on the underside of it as well. has anyone else experienced this? is jb weld or silicone good enough, or do I need to patch the area? maybe rivet in a patch and then silicone all around it?


finally found water leak - best fix?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor