2002 Liberty smell of plastic/melting,air conditioner and other problems

dimanche 22 février 2015

Hello guys,



It's been a while since I posted here.

I started experiencing some problems with my 2002 Liberty Sport.

After I drive on the highway for a while and a soon as I get off the highway I can smell a plastic melting or burning of something electrical or melting rubber smell I am not really sure but it's very strong for a while.....Are there any usual suspects with these cars? I pop the hood but I can't really see any smoke or nothing like that....it doesn't do it in city driving...my air conditioner started seizing up a little while ago and I unplugged electrical connector on top of a/c compressor, so I have no air conditioner now, but a/c pulley rotates freely now without seizing up.... can the smell of burning plastic be related to it?

Please see the video of air conditioner problem (no sound there)....

http://ift.tt/1Lszcxp



And starting this winter one problem popped up - in the summer I don't use 4x4 but in the winter I use part time only, no problems with it, I never get stuck anywhere, but when the roads melt and surface becomes good again (between snowstorms:)) and I disengage part time (pushing the lever all the way down) at about 10 km/h (5mph) I hear the loud bang about 5-10 seconds later, and it disengages, it doesn't do it when I engage it, only when disengage. Any ideas on that?



Thank You all for your help,




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor